Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wanna come?

My husband and I watched The Biggest Loser last night, and I'm now inspired! Bob's team hiked to Subway! I know it was just a crummy commercial, but man does that sound fun! I have no idea where a Subway is around here, but I'm totally running there when the snow stops coming down. Maybe during my time in St. George this weekend I'll take a jog to a local Subway. I'm so excited!

Last night I took it easy on my workout. I made myself be perfectly content with a walk instead of my running program. I walked for 20 minutes then pumped some iron. :) It was fun and it was really nice to be able to walk home without limping. I think that tonight I'll do the same, then take my usual Thursday rest day to do some weight training, then start back up on Friday. I am really excited to start running again, but I'm also really glad that I'm listening to my body!

2 comments:

Hawkrew said...

Came across your blog from Runner's Lounge. My wife likes to watch the Biggest Loser and it's sort of funny in that the show really motivates you to get in shape.

Anyway, welcome to the world of running. I'm sure you will find out soon the huge amount of RBF's (Running Blogging Friends) there are out here on the web!

Tony Anderson said...

Sounds like a dare--We'll both run to the Subway over here. It's like 1.5 miles for me, and 8.5 for you. Deal?

;)