Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Road Block

As you all know from reading this blog, I am working on a running program that took me from "couch to runner" in eight weeks. I have been quite successful in completing my program, progressing as I should every time I run. This past week(end) I moved onto the phase were I walk for one minute, then run for five and repeat for thirty minutes. For some reason my body does not want to do this! When I went from walking three minutes to walking two, it was no problem! For some reason my body isn't letting me complete my one and five workout. My calves are aching, and (strangely enough) my lower abdomen kills. It doesn't feel like a lack of ab workout issue, it feels more like my "innards."

Today I think I'm going to ice down my legs and just take it easy. Maybe a brisk walk for my thirty minutes so I'm still moving, but not killing myself.



*UPDATE FROM LAST POST!*
My last post was kind of, well, angry. I was extremely frustrated and felt like my efforts were all for not. I researched what Jillian said about muscle gain not being the reason you gain weight and it seems that most of the fitness world disagrees with her. Now I disagree with her! A couple days after my weigh-in, I stepped on my scale again and I was down 1.5 pounds. I really think that my body built muscles because I'm running more, and muscles DO weigh something! So, I'm no longer frustrated. I'm gonna keep on runnin'!

No comments: