Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Milestone!

I'm proud to announce a new milestone I hit last night. It may not be a big deal to most of you running folk, but to me it rocked. I, for the first time ever, ran two miles!

Tony had an intramural basketball game last night and we got there a little early so that I could change it up and use the track. I ran my first mile easy, walked a lap, then ran my second mile. It was so much fun. I really liked running on the track instead of the tredmill. I tend to just stare at the numbers on the tredmill and it's kind of like the saying "a watched pot never boils", a watched tredmill never hits a mile.

Even though this was only two miles, for my goal it was BIG! A 5k is about 3.2 miles, so I'm almost there. It was really fun to be able to run last night. Wahoo for running!

No comments: