Friday, February 6, 2009

Frustration

I am running to be healthy, to lose weight so that I am in a more healthy weight range. I am counting calories and putting healthy foods filled with fiber and whole grains into my body. I have been "dieting" for 8 weeks now, and I've lost 7.2 pounds. Pretty good, right? Right. Today, I am kind of ticked off.

Today is the day I do my "official weigh-in". This has been my hardest running week in a while. I've been increasing my time and mileage a lot and I can actually feel my body changing. I feel stronger and my clothes are fitting looser. So today stepping on the scale should have been an easy thing. I was expecting to have dropped my usual pound. NO! The scale I have shows me I've GAINED 2 pounds. What the heck?!?

I watch the Biggest Loser, and this past week one of the trainers, Jillian, made a big deal about how trainers trick their clients into thinking that because they've gained muscles that's a good excuse for not losing weight. She basically informed America that it was a bunch of bull ****. I feel like I've gained tons of muscles and the measuring tape proves that I've shed some inches. But what about the scale? Did I gain muscle? Does muscle gain really give me agood excuse for this gain I'm experiencing? I didn't "cheat" on my diet at all, so I'm not sure what's going on.

All I know is that it is frustrating the heck outta me!

1 comment:

Run Mommy said...

Running is a great choice! It is addictive (in a good way), totally portable and relatively inexpensive - compared to other sports anyway. Good luck and I look forward to reading more!