Saturday, June 12, 2010

I Walked on the Moon!



This is one of my favorite Brian Regan skits. I cannot stand these people who try to "one-up" everything you say. Maybe it's just because I'm a girl, but it really hurts my feelings and offends me when people do this! I had this happen recently at dinner, and it involved my fitness goals. Now, these fitness things are pretty touchy for me anyway, because I don't have tons of confidence on that front. I had mentioned to this particular party of folks a while back that I had a new fitness goal--to do ONE pull up. My husband even mentioned to me that he had never seen a girl do a pull up and that he will give me $100 when he sees me do one. I knew I could do it, and I've been doing really great! I have a loving husband who lets me sit on his shoulders to take some of the weight off me. So, he basically does squats with the weight I'm not using for my pull ups :). Anyway, at dinner the other night someone (a girl) started going off about how she did like 10 pull ups. Not only that, but she had her boyfriend hang on her waist as she did some pull ups. Oh and did you know that her sister did a pull up too? Which ones do I think are easiest? Oh gee...well.....

My husband seemed quite surprised and I was too. Then I looked down at my dinner and realized, "WTF?! She had her bulky boyfriend hang on her waist as she did a pull up?" That is pure, solid bull crap. I almost laughed thinking about it. Later on I began getting frustrated with this whole scenario. It seems like my parade is rained on quite a bit when I try to do these things.

So you know what?

Forget all that! I am going to start running again! I'm going to train for a 10K in July. By the time I run a marathon, not too many people can one-up that ! I'm not just doing it to show up people. I've been wanting to get back into the swing of things for a long time, now I have motivation.

So, I feel like I have a New Year's Resolution thing going on right now but hear you me, I am running that dang 10K in July. I won't get the best time but I am going to finish it! Then, watch out half marathon!!

No comments: