Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Hill Runs

So, yesterday left me feeling pretty sore in my quads.  Today, unfortunately for me, was my hill run day.  I went to the tredmill and tried my hardest, but my legs were just too dang tired!  I ended up walking briskly for most of it, and made my incline a little steeper to compensate for my walking.  I did it, though!  I am not sure how my "race pace" run tomorrow will be.  Luckily for me my race pace is pretty slow! :)

I did better with food today.  I turned down a delicious chocolate cookie, and tried hard to limit my carbs.  I wasn't perfect - but who is?  I had a new snack today that I LOVED.  I found these cute little tubs of all natural fruit sorbet at the grocery and bought two mango and two raspberry.  I had a mango tonight and it was really delicious.  I like that they are all natural, so I can feel like I'm having a treat on my semi-strict diet.  My goal is to be even better with diet tomorrow so I can fuel up for my race pace run.  I'm hoping I'll have tons of energy since I'll have an exam I'm way nervous about done with by the time I run at night.  Bleck, I hate Biology!

I haven't mentioned my little "reward system" I've established for myself.  I printed off these incredibly corny dollar bills with my face on them and whenever I am "good" with diet and exercise, I give myself a few.  Actually, I make my husband do it in a very ceremonious way.  I let myself spend the money at the end of each month.  This month I made a whopping $42, but I'm deciding to roll it over to possibly buy a sexy dress I've been eyeing at the store :)  It's been really motivating and I really like the system.  If anyone is interested, I can give you the site where I created my own money!

Keep on runnin'

No comments: