Monday, June 14, 2010

Day One of Running Fun!

Well today was the beginning of my 6-week journey to a 10K.  I found a program that I really like and it seems like it's quite do-able.  Today I was supposed to slowly jog for 3 miles.  I knew I could go three miles but I wasn't quite sure if I could jog the whole time because I hadn't been running in a while.  I'm so proud to say that I did it!  I ran the entire 3 mile distance.  Much to the shagrin of my quads and knees, of course.  Tomorrow I think I do hill runs, or something similar.  We'll see, I guess!  It's going to be hard this first week getting back into it but I can so do this.

I'm also trying to work on my diet.  It may sound funny coming from someone who wants to be a runner, but I'm trying to cut back on my carbohydrates.  I love the darn things and I have a slow metabolism so they KILL me.  I got out my handy-dandy P90X nutrition book, dusted it off, and found the diet of Phase 2 called "Energy Booster."  (The Phase 1 diet is just too crazy for me.  It's more for people who are lifting tons.)  I'm going to try to plan out my meals the night before so that there's no issues.  I'm also trying to drink tons of water.  I think eating right will help me run better.  Actually, I know it will!

So day one was a success.  Usually day ones are :)  But I have to be proud of myself either way!

Keep on runnin'

No comments: