Monday, February 15, 2010

I'm not Dead

I just haven't posted on this blog in like a year!

Quick update:

I've been running and planning on finishing a 10K sometime this spring. I originally wanted to do one in January but 1) I didn't feel I was ready and 2) I realized that running in 20 degree weather with a wicked nasty inversion wasn't my favorite activity. So, I keep plugging along and this spring you'll see me somewhere in Utah running my first ever 10K!

I've been really focused on weight loss/eating healthy/BEING healthy since the beginning of the year. Yeah, I jumped on the New Year's resolution bandwagon, but I'm proud to say that I've stuck with it and I'm now down 6.2 lbs! I have about 16 more to go before I reach my ultimate goal weight (which may change depending on how I feel I'm doing).

I feel like I'm doing REALLY well and I feel healthier than I ever have! I've been learning good lessons about my body (i.e. you can't eat cookies for breakfast and expect to have a solid 4 mile run) and learning about what foods I can enjoy while still losing weight and feeling good.

I'm really excited for this year. I have some big running plans and some even bigger weight loss plans. My ideal would be to run a half by the end of this year (I'm thinking the Vegas Rock & Roll) and begin working on my full for sometime in 2011. I'd really love to have my first marathon under my belt before any little ones come along so I'm working hard to accomplish this goal soon.

No comments: