Thursday, February 18, 2010

What am I thinking....

So after my awesome Zumba class tonight I thought "hey, wouldn't it be fun to be the TEACHER?!" Yes, I realize that my English-Caucasian blood gives me no right to teach a Latino salsa dance class and look sexy doing it, but I can dream, right? I looked up some certifications for being a personal trainer and a Zumba instructor. It costs a pretty penny, but after you pass the test with flying colors (seriously, you have to get a 90%) you get a certificate to train to your heart's content. It sounds like a lot of fun since for the past year or so I've been into fitness and health. I have a lot of people close to me who are unhealthy and overweight and I would love to help them, and the other people out there who need help!

Hmmm.....should I do it? Should I become a personal trainer and then certify to teach Zumba?


I think I should. I'm sure in a week, though, that I'll move on to the next career I think would be fun. It's just that not only does this one sound fun, but I have an interest/passion for it and it is attainable for a reasonable amount of money. (Comparing my MFT considerations at 45,000 a semester to the one-time personal trainer payment of $350 for the class and certification is like apples and oranges here...)

Any feedback? Does anyone even read this blog? :) It's okay. It's therapeutic to talk to yourself....right?

No comments: