Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Overkill?

I just might complete 3 fairly difficult workouts in 24 hours. Last night at 9pm I did the Jillian Michaels DVD, today I went to check out the local rec. center and took a cardio interval class, and I plan on doing my run tonight. Right now as I am just getting home from the cardio class, I am completely wiped out. I'm making breakfast to hopefully give me some energy, but my arms can't seem to move when my brain tells them to.

I know it might be a little excessive to do three workouts in a 24 hour period but honestly, I didn't MEAN to do it that way. I need to go on my run tonight because I've got the 5K in less than 10 days! I can't just do DVDs and cardio classes all the time. Hopefully I don't kill myself.

In other news, I'm going out today to buy some hiking shoes! Hoorah! Tony and I have become hiking fools and we're planning all of these crazy hikes. The week after our 5k we're hiking to Lone Peak (an estimated 6-8 hour ordeal), and in August we're taking a little anniversary trip down to Zion's National Park to hike the narrows (which will take us a couple of days. It's more of a backpacking trip). I'm stoked to get my new hiking kicks! I'll probably take a looksie at some running shorts to see what I can find as promised in my post below. If I find some on sale, I'll get them and try 'em out for the race.

1 comment:

Tony Anderson said...

I love the new running pic!