Wednesday, July 7, 2010

All Signed Up!



After sitting there for 15 minutes terrified to push "Submit"...I did it.  I signed up for my first ever 10K race.  The Deseret News Marathon/10K is on July 24th, at 5:30 in the morning!  I think hubby and I are going to stay in a hotel in SLC so that I don't have to wake up at 3:30 to get there.  I just don't think I can handle that.

The race is downhill (woo hoo!) and seems to be a pretty easy route.  The starting elevation is a little over 5000ft, and the ending is just a little under 4000. 

I'm really excited to do this.  It is just another step closer to my big, ugly marathon!  I've been going on a lot of monstrous hikes lately, so I haven't really been actually running, but I think my 7 mile hike at a 21% incline won't HURT my running abilities, that's for sure.

Wish me luck!

Keep on runnin'

No comments: