Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I'm still here!

Oh man am I a slacker. I haven't posted anything here since March 3rd?! I apologize.

I have been progressing quite a bit with my running. I am up to being able to run about 4 miles no problemo and I recently registered for a 5K for this weekend! I'll be participating in the Salt Lake City Marathon 5K race. I am super stoked about it, and I think it is going to be really fun.

A quick, funny thing: when I was signing up for this race, there was an option to register for the Clydesdale or Athena group. The Clydesdales are men over 200 lbs and the Athenas are women over 140 lbs. Is this the fat kid category???? I don't have the skinny runner look at all, but really...is 140 lbs. heavy? I didn't get it. Even though I may or may not have been able to qualify to be an Athena, I didn't sign up. Even if it meant I got a medal, I didn't want to be in the fat kid medal group, haha. (No offense to you proud Athenas out there). I just thought it was kind of funny that the men's "big" group is over 200 and the women's is only 140. Wouldn't almost everyone be an Athena, then?

I did my last "big" run last night with my husband, Tony. We went on our favorite 4-ish mile route, and it was fun. It was really hard at the beginning because I had pigged out on chocolate due to a bad day at my stupid temporary Wendy's job, so I was feeling a little sluggish. Okay..A LOT sluggish. I felt like I had gained 30 pounds! My husband couldn't really run with me because I was going so slow. He decided to do a brisk walk along side me, haha! Luckily I picked up the pace about 1.5 miles into our run. I conquered the monster hill full speed.

Lesson learned: don't eat half your weight in chocolate on your big run days. Save it for a cross training day :) :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hollie,
Awesome job on being able to Run 4 miles. I am still working on 3. That is great.

Tony Anderson said...

Hollie, you ran a great race.

For those of you who don't know, Hollie also has some mad web-design skills. She and I do freelance web work.

Check out HowMuchShouldMySiteCost.com to get a quote. We'll make your site for at least as low as the low-end quote.

Check it out!